The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will hold a series of listening sessions to hear perspectives on the benefits and challenges of increased numbers of clean energy projects being sited on agricultural lands and in rural communities. These sessions are targeted to the specific stakeholder groups listed below. Registration links can be found listed below:
State Program Highlights:
- Colorado Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Energy Renovation Opportunity (AERO) Program
- Minnesota Department of Commerce, Tribal Consultation Policy
- Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy, Agriculture and Rural Communities Energy Roadmap
- Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources, Agricultural Energy Grant Program
- Wisconsin Public Service Commission Office of Energy Innovation, Focus on Energy Incentive Program for Energy-Efficient Propane Equipment
- Wisconsin Public Service Commission Office of Energy Innovation, Rural Energy Startup Program
- Launched in December 2023, NASEO Newsroom article linked here.
- California Energy Commission, 2021 Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) Highlights, AgMonitor, Inc.
Selected Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Provisions:
Selected Inflation Reduction Act Provisions:
Annual Programs through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA):